Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Finally!

I have finally gotten to use that abundance of white stuff that is outside my back door! I thought I would never get to icey-snow dye this winter. After setting up my work table, I went out and hacked at the ice encrusted tops of the piles and used it to get back in my groove. Or at least get some much needed practice in.

 
Here is the offending fabric that shared it's color with the rest of the pot before I over dyed it. It was actually a little brighter than what you see here (which doesn't look so bad.) Maybe I'm to critical???

 
And here it after it's snow bath
 
 
 
I had used some blue and soft orange....it's different. I even had another piece of smallish fabric and used some more of the ice/snow on it  and  I really like the results.
 
 
 
 
I'm encouraged by the results and have gone full tilt to snow dye. Hope they come out as good as the above one. I'll keep you posted. 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Looks great Carol... keep the fabric coming! I especially like the mysterious looking greenish fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I feel like I'm on a learning curve again, but it is coming back to me!!

    ReplyDelete